Staffordshire Regiment Veteran Colours Lapel Pin
Wear this Staffordshire Regiment Veterans Pin with pride at any time of the year.
Made with High quality metals and enamels.
2 x Rear metal butterfly pin fasteners.
Free UK Postage & Packaging orders over £6.50
Worldwide postage will be added at checkout for your country destination. Using the current Royal Mail Standard Delivery Tariffs. Tracked & Signed options are available
Other Related Products (Click On The Image)
The Staffordshire Regiment (Prince of Wales') (or simply "Staffords" for short) was an infantry regiment of the British Army, part of the Prince of Wales' Division. The regiment was formed in 1959 by the amalgamation of the South Staffordshire Regiment and the North Staffordshire Regiment (Prince of Wales'), and in 2007 was amalgamated with the Cheshire Regiment and the Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters Regiment to become the 3rd Battalion, Mercian Regiment.
In 2014, the 3rd Battalion, Mercian Regiment was merged with the 1st and 2nd battalions, to create the 1st and 2nd battalions, Mercian Regiment (Cheshires, Worcesters and Sherwood Foresters, and Staffords).
The mascot of the Staffordshire Regiment was a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Each successive mascot holding the name Watchman. The current serving mascot is known as Colour Sergeant Watchman V and he carries out his duties as part of the Staffordshire Regimental Association.
In November 1960 the regiment undertook a six-month exercise in Kenya, followed by a year in Colchester and then a return to Kenya for a further two years. On the tour the regiment had to deal with a mutiny by the Ugandan Army. Returning home the regiment was the last unit of the British Army to serve in East Africa.
A home tour in Dover followed in 1964. Then came a two-year posting to Berlin in 1968 followed by a tour in Sharjah in the Persian Gulf where the regiment again recorded a 'last unit' distinction being the last unit to serve in Sharjah.